Rylee has been learning all sorts of new things over the last few months. She turned 19 months last Monday and is really turning into quite the big girl! Here are a few of the new things she's been up too...
~We've been working hard on using utensils to eat with and she has really mastered it! The pictures I'm posting of her feeding herself are from the beginning of June...so she's been doing it for a little while now! :)
~She is also getting REALLY into books...the girl would sit and read books for hours I think. She has her favorites and will quickly pick those out from the bookshelf if I ask. Her current favorites are: Brown Bear, Brown Bear What do you see?, Goodnight Moon, 10 Little Ladybugs, and Tails...although she'll listen to anything you want to read!
~Rylee is also working hard on running. She's still pretty clumsy with her 'fast walk' but really tries hard to keep up with big brother running through the house! They love to run 'laps' around the downstairs and it won't be long before Rylee is able to catch up to Jack! They are just such good buddies and I'm am so thankful that they enjoy playing together so much!
~Rylee is still talking up a storm and I've had to stop trying to record all of her words because there are just too many. The girl is a parrot and repeats most anything we say...good, but can be bad too! Gotta be good around this little missy! :) She's getting good at putting 2 words together. She's been doing 'All gone', 'All done' and 'Hey ____' for awhile now, but she's added 'Bye Bye ___', Night Night ___' , 'Help Please', 'Oh well' (learned that one from Jack), 'Daddy work', 'our car', ''Mon (translates to Come on) Jack', and probably others I'm forgetting.
~The girl is also OBSESSED with shoes! I usually keep the kids shoes at the bottom steps of our back staircase since it's right by the back door, but that may have to change soon. She loves to go over there and try to put on all the shoes...hers or Jacks....and she gets VERY frustrated when they don't go on just right! I think I'm in big trouble if my girl already has a shoe fetish and she's not even 2 yet! :)
I think that's the main new news on Miss Priss lately. She's definitely growing up and developing the sweetest little personality. Her smile will always warm your heart and she can always give you a look that makes you want to melt...even when she's being bad! We are enjoying every minute of her!
Pictures of the princess...
Showing off her new skills with the spoon...
No comments:
Post a Comment