On April 16th, I ran in my second half marathon with a group of friends and running buddies! We've been training since January and for a few of them, it was their first half! The weather could not have been worse for the day...chilly and raining with a strong chance of 'strong thunderstorms and lightening'. Awesome! We were following the weather moment by moment and didn't even know if the race would go on when we got there. The race directors continued on with the race and said that if weather indicated, they would call the race while we were running...and we'd have to get our own transportation back to the start. Sounded fun. Anyways, we were all trained and ready and determined to complete the race. It wasn't raining at the start and we got a few miles in before any showers got us. Then, the rain slowed up again. Around mile 10, I heard a crack of thunder that I thought for sure was gonna call the race...but at that point I only had 3 miles to go, so I was gonna keep running! The race didn't get called, thank goodness. It poured for about 5 minutes around mile 12 and then drizzled some more after I finished, but we got it done. John was there with the kiddos and my mom also braved the storm to see me finish. It was fun and I just love the great feeling after the finish...makes me ready to sign up for another one! ;)
I'm the one in the hot pink shorts grinning ear to ear! I just saw my family and I'm pumped to be almost done! :)
A few celebratory pictures in between the rain...
After the race, we headed home and I got cleaned up. Then, my mom and dad picked up the kids so they could spend the night at their house. John and I then headed up to Greenville. That same night, John's favorite band, Third Day, was going to be performing at Furman. I had given John tickets for Valentine's Day. We met Sarah and Anthony for dinner downtown before heading over to the concert. The concert was awesome! We had seat on the floor and the band put on an AMAZING show. I would love to see them in concert again! Here are a few concert pics...
Tenth Avenue North opened for Third Day...they were great, too!
Us...aren't we cute!
Mac Powell...he's awesome...
Love this picture! This was not only a wonderful concert but a very powerful worship experience as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment