Well, this is technically Rylee's 11 month post...although she's now closer to 12 months. I'll do this to document what she's up to lately, though! :) Our little girl is getting so grown up. She's is pulling up on everything and trying hard to get brave enough to let go. Not taking steps yet, but I don't think it's very far away! She still loves to eat...and loves to feed herself. She is not a fan of anything that I have to feed her with a spoon- except Yobaby yogurt! She loves that stuff! At any given meal, I think she eats about twice as much as Jack...and Jack is still a good eater! :) She loves everything-squash, zucchini, sweet potatoes, apples, pears, peaches, chicken casserole, spaghetti, animal crackers, goldfish...whatever! She eats fast and gets very mad (and loud) if she runs out of food on her tray! We're working on manners with screaming at the table. Rylee now has two teeth- her second one came in on October 17th and is finally in enough that you can see them both.
Rylee loves playing in the playroom. Particularly, she loves to pull up on Jack's train table and dismantle the track. Totally fun for her...total meltdown for Jack! :) The toys of her own that she likes to play with include: leapfrog activity table (one of Jack's favorites at that age too!), her telephone, blocks (loves for us to stack them up and then knock them down), books, roll-a-rounds balls. She just goes from toy to toy entertaining herself. Rylee is a big fan of bathtime lately, too. She's started pulling up in the bathtub-she loves it, but it scares me to death! She also enjoys splashing water everywhere with her brother...they can make quite a mess in no time. :)
Rylee is quite the talkative little girl lately, too. She babbles all the time and says Momma and Dada well. I think she knows who we are and has been calling us by name lately. So sweet. She also makes 'b' sounds, 'g' sounds, and 'n' sounds. I think she calls Jack something too, but I haven't quite figured it out yet...it sounds pretty consistent when she's calling for his attention. Her newest skill is climbing the stairs...fun, fun! She is super quick too- I see lots of gates in our future. I don't remember Jack ever being quite that adventurous at this age, but she seems to have no fear! Of course, she wants to do everything big brother is doing!
We're gearing up for the big 1st birthday party at the beginning of next month. We're having a party here with family and a couple of Rylee's little friends. It should be a good time and I have no doubt that she will thoroughly enjoy the cake! :)
A few pictures of Miss Priss...
Playing at the Train Table...
1 comment:
It's Mini-Rebekah!
Post a Comment