Tuesday, March 17, 2009

What a difference a week makes...

Jack's spring soccer season started on March 7th with picture day and an Opening day scrimmage. It was a beautiful day. The weather was perfect...upper 70's and sunny! We got a major case of spring fever being outside that day! Jack's team is the Panda's again this season and he has a few friends on the team with him. He had a great time being out on the field again and I think he's really excited about playing again!

Because I'm slow on blogging, we also had our first regular season game on March 14. Talk about a yucky day...it was rainy, cold, and quite miserable. It felt like it was January again. Such a stark contrast to the beautiful day we had just one week before. We all had gloves and coats on and the camera barely came out of the bag! We are hopeful that the spring weather is really on the way and these yucky days will soon become a distant memory! I don't think I can handle much more cold weather!!!! :)
Here are a few pictures from the Opening day...

Running down the field...


Telling me, 'Momma, I did really good!' ...so modest! :)


High Fives with the other team


Jack and Coach Daddy





Like I said, the camera barely came out at the game this passed Saturday...so no post-worthy pictures from that game. Hopefully we'll have some nice sunshine for the next game!!!

1 comment:

The Russells said...

How fun! He looks great in his little uniform. :)