My mom started a tradition with me and my sister that we'd make homemade sugar cookie every year at Christmas time. We always had such a fun time in the kitchen...mixing up the dough (and eating a little, too!), cutting out our shapes, and decorating them. Now that I've got my own kiddos, I've started the same tradition with them. This is our second year doing the Christmas Cookies and I just love it! I made the dough the night before...they aren't quite patient enough for the whole mixing and measuring part yet, so we were all ready to get started rolling and cutting our dough. They had a blast picking their cutters, and putting the shapes on the pan. They especially loved the sprinkles part...oh, the mess of sprinkles! It was a lot to contain my OCD tendencies while we were decorating and keep me from following behind everyone with a broom, but I did it! We had fun and the cookies turned out super yummy! We will definitely be doing each year...we may even have to start doing some in the summer too because they are just too good to only have once a year!
Getting started...and already covered in flour! :)
Rolling out the dough...
Working so hard!
Me and my sweet kiddos...
The finished product...YUM!
No comments:
Post a Comment