Wednesday, May 13, 2009

17 months


Rylee turned 17 months last week and I've been working on this post for the whole week. I'm gonna try and get it all posted finally! Rylee is developing such a little personality lately. She is quite the flirt and knows just how to cut her eyes at you where there is no way you can be mad at her! She loves to laugh...especially at her big brother! She is still such a sweet little girl and gives lots of hugs and kisses. It took her a while to get going, but she is seriously on the move now...trying to run everywhere and thinking she is just as big as the big kids. We went to the park last week and I spent most of the time on the equipment making sure she didn't fall off-the girl has no fear. She climbs up everything and tries to do whatever Jack and his friends are doing. We also think she is immune to pain...the girl is super tough! She, of course, falls down or bumps into stuff throughout the day and very rarely ever cries- even after falls that John and I are sure must've hurt. Rylee is still a big Momma's girl, but loves her Daddy too! She knows the sound of the garage door coming up each afternoon and calls for Daddy until he is in the door. Rylee is starting to get into baby dolls and pocket books and it's so cute to see her doing all the 'girly things'. She loves carrying her baby around and putting it in the stroller for a stroll through the house. She also will sit for long period of time and load and unload her purse...stopping briefly to put on her bracelet, of course! :)

Rylee is a serious chatterbox and has way more words at this age than Jack did. I've been trying to compile a list and as soon as I think I've got them all, she says something else that I've forgotten. I'm gonna write the here just so I have a record of it before the list is too long to write down. This part is more for me, so feel free to skip on to the pictures if you want! :)

-Momma
-Daddy (switched to this from Dadda within the last 2 weeks)
-Jack
-Hey
-Bye Bye
-Hello
-Mu-Mu
-Poppa
-Gigi
-yummy
-dog (says 'gog')
-cat
-cow
-duck
-car
-truck
-ball
-balloon (baboo)
-bubble
-book
-more
-amen (at the end of the blessing)
-out
-snack
-on
-off
-flower
-shoes
-fish ('ish')
-baby
-hat
-choo-choo
-moon
-bow (points to hairbow...there's always one in!)
-teeth (the girl loves to brush her teeth)
-uh oh
-bird (points them out in the sky all the time)
-bug
-cookie
-My ball
-I cheese (translates to, "I want cheese!")
-Animal sounds:
-baa for sheep
-moo for cow
-arf arf for dog
-quack quack for duck
-roar for lion
-Can point to:
-eyes
-nose
-hands
-feet
-belly
-mouth
-hair
-ears
-head
-Knows motions for:
-Wheels on the bus go round and round
-Itsy bitsy spider (doesn't know them all yet...can do the spider part, and the washing the
spider out part without help)
-Pat a cake

A few recent pictures...

Playing in the sandbox...her favorite outside place


Playing in the playroom before bed...



Walking around with her 'bracelet's' on...she turns anything possible into a bracelet!

1 comment:

The Russells said...

She's a cutie! And, she already loves bracelets/jewelry...watch out. :) haha!