We've been working on fixing up the playroom for a while now. John painted it last year and we decided we'd do polka dots on the main wall of the room. We bought the paint and started with one section...we quickly realized that polka dots are hard! We finished that section and didn't start back up on it for about a year...yes, a year! A few weeks ago, we decided we wanted to get it finished. After a lot of frustration and MANY touch-ups, the polka dots are done! I'm a very thankful for a husband with a very steady hand because he totally rocked out the touch-ups and made all the dots look perfect. :) We also decided that the playroom was the perfect place to display the kids (well, mostly Jack's for now) artwork from school....instead of our fridge! We decided to get some twine type rope and hang it above the shelves we have in there and then we have clipped his art to that. Jack loves it and it'll be nice to be able to frequently change out the artwork without much trouble.
The kids had a part in the decorating too. I bought a couple of canvas' from Michael's and let them finger paint them with acrylic paint. We went in the backyard one morning and I just let them do whatever they wanted with it. They had a lot of fun and got SUPER messy. After painting, a bath was in order because they both had paint EVERYWHERE! Too fun! The canvas' are now hung and look great...they totally fit in the playroom!
I'm not usually the most crafty person, but I am pretty happy with how that room has turned out. We still need to find a cute window treatment, but it's finally getting put together.
Here are a few cute pictures of the kids decorating the canvas' and of the room all finished. And a quick disclaimer...this room is never this neat. I cleaned it up during naptime just to take these pictures...it was quickly destroyed that evening! :)
The kids had a part in the decorating too. I bought a couple of canvas' from Michael's and let them finger paint them with acrylic paint. We went in the backyard one morning and I just let them do whatever they wanted with it. They had a lot of fun and got SUPER messy. After painting, a bath was in order because they both had paint EVERYWHERE! Too fun! The canvas' are now hung and look great...they totally fit in the playroom!
I'm not usually the most crafty person, but I am pretty happy with how that room has turned out. We still need to find a cute window treatment, but it's finally getting put together.
Here are a few cute pictures of the kids decorating the canvas' and of the room all finished. And a quick disclaimer...this room is never this neat. I cleaned it up during naptime just to take these pictures...it was quickly destroyed that evening! :)
Getting started with their masterpieces...
Super messy!
Bathtime was a must after this project!
The finished products....
Rylee's canvas
Jack's canvas
The polka dots...I love them, but wow are they a lot of work! Thank you, John for putting up with me and sticking with the project! You're the best!
Jack's artwork display...gotta get Rylee to do some finger painting or something so she can have some art represented!
The canvas' up on the wall
3 comments:
Adorable playroom! I love the canvas idea!!
Great room, Rebekah! You had some wonderful ideas and really pulled them off well!
The polka dots look great! I would have been frustrated too. :) Love the artwork display idea too.
Post a Comment