Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Jack's first day of school!

Jack started 4 year old preschool on September 8th.  He is going 4 days/week from 9-12...quite a bit more than the 2 days he went last year, but we're trying to get ready for kindergarten next year.  I really can't believe that this is his last year of preschool.  I'm trying to enjoy every little bit of this year of preschool and not look ahead too much, but man...I'm gonna miss my boy when he's gone all day, every day! 

Jack was so excited to start school.  He had just looked at pictures of himself on the first day of school last year, so he was ready to pose for pictures this year so he could 'see how much bigger I am!'   :)  He thinks it's very cool that he and his friends are the 'upperclassmen' at preschool!  I know he is gonna learn so much this year.  Rylee wasn't quite sure what to think about Jack heading off to school.  She gave him a big hug and yelled 'Bye Jack' as he headed into his classroom, but I know she'll miss him while he's gone.  They are such good playmates.  I am looking forward with lots of good girl-time with my Miss Priss this year. 

Since Jack has already really been in school for a month now...I'll give a little update on all he's learned so far!  They say the Pledge of Allegiance every morning and he tells me, 'Momma, your hand has to be on your heart and your eyes stay on the flag!'.  Too cute.  They also sing 'God Bless America' and he was correcting me on the lyrics the other day- smarty pants.  His teachers are really cool and do lots of fun science projects and experiments...I know he's gonna love that.  One of their centers is the 'Discovery Center' and last week he got to explore snake skins with a magnifying glass- very cool to him...very yuck to Momma!  :)  We've already had our first 'homework' assignment.  On the second week of school, they studied families and Jack had to decorate his Family Pennant to tell about his family and what we liked to do together.  It was a fun, family project and is now displayed proudly in the halls of the preschool.  Last week, they studied the letter 'A' for the letter of the week....complete with an Apple Tasting Party.  They got to taste test 3 varieties of apples and then give each a smiley face or a frown face on their paper...Jack liked all three!  Big surprise!  :)  It's pretty obvious that we're having a good year so far! 

Here are a few pictures from the first day...


All ready to go...


Silly Face!


Looking so big and tall!


Always time to stop and check out a creepy-crawly before school! :)


Outside of the school...Rylee wanted a picture with her big brother!


Nametag on and read to go!


Getting started on his tablework with Ms. Marie...

1 comment:

The Baur Family said...

What a big boy! He is so handsome! Enjoy this last year of preschool, it goes by way too fast!