Friday, October 23, 2009

Sesame Street Live!



On September 13, we went to see Sesame Street Live: Elmo's Green Thumb.  We lucked out and landed some tickets at the last minute (Thanks, Owings') and the kids were super excited.  We ddin't tell them we were going till we left church that morning...big surprise.  This was Rylee's first live show, but she loves Elmo and all the characters, so were were sure she would love it.  We stopped by McD's on the way downtown to grab some lunch and then made our way to the Colonial Life Arena.  The kids were so good- no begging for super over-priced toys (I know we are those horrible parents who won't buy their kids the $20 Elmo balloon!) and settled into the seats without any trouble.  When the show started, Rylee screamed so loud when she first saw the characters.  We're not sure if it was the loud music or the characters, but I almost thought I was gonna have to take her out of the show.  Luckily, Daddy saved the day and snuggled her in his lap and she calmed down and then really enjoyed everything.  Jack is a little over the whole Elmo/Sesame Street stuff, but he was entranced too!  They both especially loved the popcorn and Sprite we snacked on during intermission.  We had a great time and can't wait till the next show!

A few pictures...

Waiting for the show to start...



Momma and her girl!


Daddy and Jack having lots of fun...


Elmo...the star of the show!


The characters dancing...there were lots of new faces since my days of watching Sesame Street!


Zoe and the ladybug...


Enjoying a bite of popcorn during intermission...


I know this is blurry, but had to include a picture of Abby Cadabby!  This is another new character and is now Rylee's favorite!  She talks about 'Abby Dabby' all the time!  I think she likes her because she's pink...a girl after my own heart! :)


Elmo and Abby Cadabby

1 comment:

The Russells said...

I love the pic of you and Rylee in this post!