The next morning we woke up to a winter wonderland. 7 inches on the ground and everything was white. It was so pretty! I enjoy looking at it much more than I do being out in it! :) Jack was in our room before 7 am and he ran to the window to look outside. He comes to John's side of the bed and says, 'Daddy, what about going to play in that snow?' He was pumped! We tried to get him to wait a little bit, but that was NOT happening. The boy was ready. So, we all got dressed in the best snow clothes that people who don't ever see snow have and headed outside...before even eating breakfast. Jack loved the snow! He wanted to walk in it and make tracks, dig with his shovel, and of course throw snowballs. Rylee wasn't such a huge fan. She thought it was interesting, but she had a hard time walking in the deep areas and so that bothered her a bit. She's also a touch too much like her Momma, and she doesn't like to be cold! :) We all played together for a while and then Rylee and I headed in for breakfast. Still couldn't convince Jack to come in to eat! He and John ended up walking around the neighborhood and met up with some of our friends at the front of the neighborhood to play. The boys had fun throwing snow into the pond and at each other...even the big boys! Jack was so excited to tell me about how they made a GIANT snowman that was even bigger than Daddy! So cute! Rylee and I walked down there for a little while and then after about 10 minutes, she said, 'I'm ready go home get warm now!' Sounded good to me, so off we went!
What a fun day! I'm still glad we don't get snow very often and I'm now very ready for spring to come, but...I'm also very glad that my children got to experience the wonder of the snowy day. It was precious to see the excitement on their little faces! :)
Some pictures...
First views of the snow...
Trying to catch snowflakes...
Jack, Matthew and Austin...
Our house at about 5:30pm Friday afternoon...
Rylee isn't sure about all this white stuff...
Checking out the tracks she is making...
Jack loving it...rolling down the hill!
Jack, Parker and Sydney making snow angels...not quite enough snow yet!
Having so much fun!
Daddy and Jack with their snowman...
still coming down after dark...
Measurement on the back porch before bed...7 inches!!
Saturday morning's winter wonderland...
Ready to play!!!
Daddy and his princess...
Making tracks...
Having fun!
Me and my girl...
Our house Saturday morning around 9am...
More snow angels...better results this time...but only Jack! Rylee wasn't about to lay down in that cold stuff!
Daddy and Jack
Having fun at the pond...
Jack, Drew and Jonah throwing snowballs in the water...
Rylee staying dry sitting pretty in the stroller...
The BIG snowman!!



No comments:
Post a Comment