Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Pictures, Pictures

Well, we had another busy week last week...as usual. We like staying busy though, so that's good. We had a lot of nice weather and were able to play outside a bunch- Jack loves being outside and really enjoyed that. I can't wait for summer! I've got serious spring fever after a day or two with 70 degree temperatures! We even took a trip to the zoo on Friday with some friends. It was our first outing (besides neighborhood walks) with our new sit and stand stroller (thanks to MuMu and Papa!) and it was great! Jack was able to stand on the stroller and see everything and Rylee was comfy in her carrier. Jack did pretty good at staying on the stroller...most of the time! We enjoyed seeing the monkeys, penguins, birds, a lion, and sea lions! Jack was disappointed that the big brown bear wasn't out when we passed by...he must've been taking his nap! We had some friends from John's work and their families over for dinner on Saturday- it was great weather again and the kids had fun outside and playing in the playroom. I'm a terrible blogger and I didn't take any pictures! I'll do better next time. We all had a great time and Jack enjoyed playing with some older kids. He even prayed for 'my new friends, Jackson and Alex' in his prayers that night. Too sweet!

Rylee had her 2 month well visit today and checked out perfectly. Dr. Cope said she looks great! She weighed in at 12 lbs 3 oz and measured 22.5 inches long! She's 50% for height and 90% for weight! She is definitely a good eater! She had to get four shots at the appointment and the oral rotavirus vaccine...ouch! I gave her tylenol before we got there and she's just been a sleepy head since then. Hopefully she'll be back to her normal self tomorrow.

Here's some pics from the past week...Enjoy!

Jack and Daddy rough housing in the playroom




Enjoying some pretty weather outside

">


Jack and his buddies checking out the birds at the zoo






Jack and Rylee at the playground at the zoo



Jack thinks he's still small enough to play on the playmat with Rylee- he looks HUGE!


Sweet girl after bathtime




Rylee wore this pretty dress to church Sunday...my Na-Na made it for Aunt Say-Say when she was a baby. Check out the lacey socks...I love having a little girl!!!



We went to Toys R Us this weekend to use the gift card that Aunt Schaine and Uncle Brad got for the kids for Christmas...Jack picked out this cool car carrier and has been playing with it non-stop. Rylee didn't pick out anything yet, so we'll go back for hers later! :)


Rylee at the doctor's office this morning...wrapped up in the blanket Me-Me made for her! (This was BEFORE the shots...when she was still happy!)


2 comments:

Kevin and Lisa said...

I love the pictures of Rylee in the dress. The one on the boppy is my fave! I can't believe she's so big already. She's as big as my friends' baby that just had a 4 month check up! That just gives more baby to love and kiss all over! We're so glad ya'll could make the big trip to Conway! You're a trooper with all you do - I remember how hard it was at that stage with the breastfeeding lack of sleep on top of caring for two little ones! It's no wonder you already look so good! I can't wait to hold her again and Jack, too! Hopefully we'll get ya'll back down here when we can visit more! Or maybe we'll make it that way before too long!

Anonymous said...

Awww, I love the pics!! I can't believe Rylee is wearing the same dress I wore!! THat is soo cute!! They are getting so big!!