Tuesday, June 10, 2008

6 months old!!!


Rylee turned 6 months old this past Friday! I can't believe she's already halfway through her first year. The time has really flown by! She is still a wonderful baby- so easy-going and always happy. She's starting to 'talk' a lot lately and loves to hear herself squeal. She's making 'g' sounds and I think I've heard some 'da' sounds in there too. So cute! She laughs a lot too- especially at Jack! :) She's working really hard on sitting up all by herself. She's doing better and better each day! She has finally rolled over both ways, but still doesn't roll all over the place just yet. We don't have any teeth just yet, but Rylee is chewing on EVERYTHING! She puts anything she can find in her mouth, so I'm sure we're not too far from some little teethies! We just started introducing vegetables over the weekend. I've been making her babyfood and so far it's been pretty easy. She's had acorn squash and butternut squash and has loved them both! Definitely a good eater. She is now eating solids 3 times a day- oatmeal at breakfast and then veggies at lunch and dinner. She nurses about every 4 hours and still gets a 'snack' feeding right before I go to bed. We tried to skip that a few weeks ago- she was not a happy camper at about 2 am. So, we'll keep doing it for now! :)

We had her check up with Dr. Cope yesterday. She checked out perfectly and got 4 shots- ouch! Our little chunky monkey weighed in at 17 lbs 7 oz (75%) and was 25 1/4 inches (30%) long. I have been a little concerned that she seems to prefer to turn her head one way over another. She'll look both ways, but it's like she is more comfortable tilting her head a little bit. The pediatric nurse in me knows a little bit too much and worries about everything. I asked Dr. Cope about it and he did notice what I was talking about. He tested her range of motion and all that stuff and seems to think everything is ok. I'm gonna watch it and if it's not improving in the next month, we'll get it looked at further by a physical therapist.

Now for pictures...


Rylee sitting pretty in her bumbo- wearing the cute fishy dress that MuMu made for her




First Food- Acorn squash!



Sitting up



Such a pretty face



Having fun in the exersaucer




Messy Face




Having fun at the pool





First time in the big highchair




Loving the Jumperoo

No comments: