My mom is quite the seamstress. She's always been able to sew really well- she even made some of her own clothes in high school in college. She has made more halloween costumes for me and my sister than I can count and has even done some pretty jam up curtains for my house, her house and for my sister! Well, after Jack was born, Mom and one of her friends decided to take smocking classes. She made lots of cute outfits for Jack until he got a bit too old for the Jon-Jon's per Daddy's request. But now we have a girl and girls can wear smocked stuff for a long time...YAY! So, I thought it was high time I showed off some of her handiwork here! Rylee is almost 8 months old and has already had 8 custom made outfits (one is for fall, so I don't have pictures of her wearing it yet)! They are all beautiful and I am truly thankful because it has saved me a fortune already! :) Here are some pictures of my little princess all dressed up:
Coming home dress...it was so big for her in this picture...
Christmas dress
Easter dress
This is a precious green dress with pink fishes on it...Jack had a short-all with the same fishes when he was about 15 months...I love it!!
Yellow daisy dress

Pink Bubble...not the best picture to showcase the smocking, but it's the best one I could find!
Pink Bubble...not the best picture to showcase the smocking, but it's the best one I could find!
Pretty in purple
I am so blessed to have such a talented Momma that is willing to sew for my babies! It is quite a labor of love! Thanks Mom!!!
2 comments:
What beautiful dresses! Your mom has done a great job. My grandmother used to make dresses like those for my sister, cousins, and I. Rylee is so cute.
ha, gotta love the pirate pic. ARRRG! (as Jack would say)
Post a Comment