Miss Rylee is getting to be quite a big girl all of a sudden. Just wanted to give a little update on all the new, fun things she’s doing lately. Rylee has 5 teeth right now…3 on the bottom and two on top. There are two more on top that are getting ready to poke through- any day now! She is drooling a lot these days and constantly has her hand in her mouth…yum! She also has quite the little vocabulary…much bigger than her brother did at this age. Rylee started talking pretty early and has continued to add new words. She’s really good at repeating things that I say to her (guess I should be really careful with that, huh?). Not all of the words would be understood by people other than me or John, but they are consistent and are definitely words. Her words so far are:
-Momma
-Dada
-Jack
-Bye-Bye
-Uh-Oh
-Ow (like, ouch)
-Hi (greets me with this sweet sound every morning when I get her out of her crib)
-Snack (not a big shocker that she knows this one!)
-Thank You (sounds more like ‘dank do’)
-book
-cheese
-corn
-fish
-Momma
-Dada
-Jack
-Bye-Bye
-Uh-Oh
-Ow (like, ouch)
-Hi (greets me with this sweet sound every morning when I get her out of her crib)
-Snack (not a big shocker that she knows this one!)
-Thank You (sounds more like ‘dank do’)
-book
-cheese
-corn
-fish
-baby
Rylee understands even more of what we say. She is able to follow simple commands and it’s so cute to see. I’ll ask her to stand up in the bathtub so that I can wash her legs and she does it, she will go over to her chair when it’s time to eat, she’ll find her socks in the bed after she’s taken them off (does this ALL the time!). We have also gotten into the habit of putting her paci in the bed after she wakes up…so she only gets it for sleeping time. I’ll hold her after changing her diaper and tell her to put paci in the bed, and she throws it right in! Too cute!
I’ve been working with Rylee to start learning all the parts of the body. Not sure when I started this with Jack, but she seems ready to learn! She can point to her hair, feet, nose and mouth so far. We’re working on eyes, nose and ears now. Rylee is certainly all girl. She’s perfected the art of talking on the phone and puts anything that remotely looks like a phone right up to her ear in perfect form. She also loves her baby dolls. She will pick them up and hug them if we tell her to ‘love the baby’. So cute! She also enjoys pushing her baby around in the stroller.
Rylee loves playing Peek-A-Boo and Pat-a-cake! She has gotten really good at the ‘roll it’ part of pat-a-cake and will roll her little hands around during that part. She follows after her Momma and loves to dance, too! She’s so funny…anytime she hears music of any kind, she starts dancing. Her ‘dancing’ is really her just bouncing up and down, but it is precious. If I can figure out how, I’ll try to post some video of it. She also loves to clap her hands and claps for herself if she’s done something good and we all say Yay!
Rylee is slowing starting to walk. She still crawls as her main mode of transportation, but she is taking steps and getting more and more excited about it. She hasn’t been very interested in walking until lately and is working up more and more steps in a row. Jack was already walking pretty well at this point, so hopefully she’ll get on the move soon…her 22 lb body is a lot to carry around!
We are so enjoying our little princess. She is a true delight! I really can’t believe she’s already been here over a year now…time really does fly!
Here's a little video of her walking in the playroom last night...
Rylee understands even more of what we say. She is able to follow simple commands and it’s so cute to see. I’ll ask her to stand up in the bathtub so that I can wash her legs and she does it, she will go over to her chair when it’s time to eat, she’ll find her socks in the bed after she’s taken them off (does this ALL the time!). We have also gotten into the habit of putting her paci in the bed after she wakes up…so she only gets it for sleeping time. I’ll hold her after changing her diaper and tell her to put paci in the bed, and she throws it right in! Too cute!
I’ve been working with Rylee to start learning all the parts of the body. Not sure when I started this with Jack, but she seems ready to learn! She can point to her hair, feet, nose and mouth so far. We’re working on eyes, nose and ears now. Rylee is certainly all girl. She’s perfected the art of talking on the phone and puts anything that remotely looks like a phone right up to her ear in perfect form. She also loves her baby dolls. She will pick them up and hug them if we tell her to ‘love the baby’. So cute! She also enjoys pushing her baby around in the stroller.
Rylee loves playing Peek-A-Boo and Pat-a-cake! She has gotten really good at the ‘roll it’ part of pat-a-cake and will roll her little hands around during that part. She follows after her Momma and loves to dance, too! She’s so funny…anytime she hears music of any kind, she starts dancing. Her ‘dancing’ is really her just bouncing up and down, but it is precious. If I can figure out how, I’ll try to post some video of it. She also loves to clap her hands and claps for herself if she’s done something good and we all say Yay!
Rylee is slowing starting to walk. She still crawls as her main mode of transportation, but she is taking steps and getting more and more excited about it. She hasn’t been very interested in walking until lately and is working up more and more steps in a row. Jack was already walking pretty well at this point, so hopefully she’ll get on the move soon…her 22 lb body is a lot to carry around!
We are so enjoying our little princess. She is a true delight! I really can’t believe she’s already been here over a year now…time really does fly!
Here's a little video of her walking in the playroom last night...
And a few pictures of our cutie...
Having fun playing with her big brother...these two together are gonna be trouble! :)
Big girl riding Jack's scooter
Playing in the playroom...
No comments:
Post a Comment