Sunday, February 1, 2009

Get your Snore On!

I'm backtracking a bit...forgot I hadn't posted pictures of this yet! :)

Jack, Rylee and I attended our first Zooventure class at the zoo a few weeks ago. The class was called 'Get Your Snore On' and Jack learned all about animals that hibernate. I think he really enjoyed the class and I'm sure we will sign up for more! He learned about bears and got to paint a bear cave with koolaid and ice. He learned about frogs and got to paint a frog hibernating in the mud with black paint. They also talked about how bats sleep upside-down with their wings wrapped around them. There was a 'bat-cave' they got to play in and hang up the bats they colored. We all had a great time...despite the fact that the day of the class happened to be a record setting cold day in Columbia! It was 26 degrees outside when we were driving to the zoo!!! Luckily the class was inside a nice, warm classroom...and needless to say, we didn't walk around and visit the animals that day.


Here are a few pictures from our class...


Jack listening to Miss Jenny teach about Hibernation...


Checking out a little hedgehog...he didn't want to touch it, though!


Digging in the dirt looking for the hibernating frogs with Emily and Grant


Coloring his bat in the Bat Cave...


Showing off his artwork.
All bundled up after the class...it was SO COLD!


No comments: