Wednesday, February 18, 2009

All Done!!!


Thank you all so much for your prayers for Rylee. She got the tubes in this morning and did great. The whole experience...from the moment we walked into the waiting room to the moment we got on the road to go home was only about 2 hours long. She was super sweet this morning and even let the anesthesiologist hold her before he checked her out. I got to see lots of my old friends from the Surgery Center and had so much fun showing off my babies (of course I brought pictures of Jack, too). I think Rylee was starting to get hungry right before they took her back, but she was really a trooper and never got too upset...and even went back with the OR nurse without even a whimper! :) The procedure took just a few minutes and then we got to come back and see her in the recovery room. She had a bit of a hard time with the anesthesia...just fussing and crying...I'm sure that's a totally wierd feeling for a baby to experience. I tried to let her nap when we got home, but she wasn't really interested. She ended up playing in the playroom and eating cheerios with Jack and me! She's napping now and hopefully will wake up refreshed and happy.

We are so thankful for all the wonderful doctors and nurses that took care of our baby today. They certainly made the process a little easier for a nervous Mom and Dad! We pray that these tubes will do the trick and our princess won't have to battle so many ear infections anymore!

A few pictures of our cutie waiting to go back:

Playing toys in pre-op with Daddy
Still looking a little sleepy...

3 comments:

The Russells said...

I am glad to see everything went well and didn't take too long. Hopefully this will help with all the infections!

Fran said...

So glad to hear she came through well. We were praying. She's such a cutie!

kerri said...

Glad she's doing well - you should ask my mom about all of my tubes when I was little - I had four sets! And one time I totally fought the nurses and threw up on one! I'm sure you remember my awesome ear plugs I had to wear at the pool when we were kids. ugh. Hopefully Rylee won't have to deal with that!