SaySay and I ran in my first (her second) half marathon on October 30th! We ran in the Spinx Runfest Half Marathon in Greenville. It was quite a big commitment for us and we trained for a long time for it. Our family went up on Friday afternoon and we all enjoyed a yummy 'carbo-loading' meal of pasta that night. We were up bright and early for the race...it was super cold out that morning. Sarah and I went to KMart on Friday night after the kids went to bed just to buy long-sleeved t-shirts to wear in the morning...ones that we were able to just toss on the race course as we got warm. Apparently, Greenville goes around after the race collecting the tossed clothing items to donate to a local homeless shelter...so at least we contributed to a good cause! :) It was a lot of fun to train together and compare our mileage as we worked toward the big 13.1 mile goal! I hope we're able to do another race together soon! After the race, we celebrated with a bunch of wings and raw fries and watched the USC vs. Tennessee game at SaySay and Anthony's house. The game was much less impressive than our race, unfortunately. Such is the life of a Gamecock fan, I guess.
Sarah and I getting all ready for the race...
And we're off...
Anthony was a big help with the kiddos during the race...they all were on the race course and got to cheer us on...I loved getting to see the kiddos while I was running!
Waiting on the hill at the Greenville Drive Stadium for us to finish...
That's SaySay in the pink shirt as she rounded the warning track of the stadium towards the finish line!
And here I come...I was so excited to spot the family waiting on me!
Us with our medals...also loaded up with water and fruit for after race snacks! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment