Sunday, July 6, 2008

Playing catchup...

I'm gonna try to get caught up on my pictures a little bit. We have been so busy and I haven't had a chance to post any random pictures lately. A couple of Saturday's ago, we went to a birthday party for one of Jack's friends, Leah. It was at a place called 'Monkey Business' and had lots of fun rides to play on. Jack was a little timid at first, but finally warmed up and enjoyed riding the ferris wheel and the spinning cups! The week after VBS, Jack took swimming lessons. He had a great time and learned a lot! His teacher, Mr. Jesse, taught Jack how to float on his back, blow bubbles under water, 'scoop' and kick in the water and push off of the wall. Jack loves the water and is becoming quite the little swimmer! We went to the pool with some friends and Jack even enjoyed wearing his goggles under water!

Rylee has still been enjoying her baby food. I've been making all of it so far and it has proved to be pretty easy, just an extra step to work in. So far she's eaten: acorn and butternut squash, carrots, sweet potatoes, green beans, peas, apples, pears, peaches and bananas. She loves the green beans and apples best! She's still not quite such a fan of bananas, but we'll keep trying. Right now, she's eating oatmeal in the morning, a fruit and veggie at lunch and then either 2 veggies or another fruit and veggie at dinner. We also introduced the sippy cup in the last few weeks. We just put water in it and she does pretty well, but hasn't quite figure out how to tip the cup up. If I hold it up for her, she does fine! :) Last Monday (June 30th) I tried something pretty big for us. For all of Rylee's life, I've been 'dream feeding' Rylee right before I go to bed to make sure she sleeps all night. Monday night, I decided to try and skip that feeding to see if Rylee would sleep all night...and she did! It was great. So now, she is eating 4 times/day and sleeping from about 7-7:30pm to 7:00am. Rylee tried another something new last week...she sat in a big girl highchair at the restaurant with the floppy seat! She did so good and enjoyed watching the fans spin around on the ceiling.

Ok, lots of random pictures....Enjoy!

Having fun at Leah's Birthday Party





Look Mom, No hands!

Hanging out at the fountain with Daddy



Swimming lessons...
Kicking and scooping




Jack floating on his back



Blowing bubbles underwater


Rylee enjoyed watching her brother swim...




Rylee looking like a big girl in the restaurant highchair



Jack loves helping with Rylee...he even helps feed her dinner. Yum!




Jack sporting his cool goggles at the pool


Looking like such a big boy...


Rylee sitting pretty on the changing table

No comments: