Tuesday, August 5, 2008

8 Months!


8 months...where has the time gone! It seems like Rylee was just born, but it also feels like she's always been here. We stay so busy that I don't know if I get to sit back and just watch her as much as I did with Jack...I feel like I've just blinked and she's already growing up. She is such a blessing! I am thoroughly enjoying every moment of my little girl!


In honor of her being 8 months- 8 fun things about little Miss Rylee...


1. Rylee loves to eat! Her little body is like a clock just ticking for the next meal! :) She never has a problem cleaning her plate. Right now, her favorite foods are probably green beans, apples, and peaches...although there's only one that she turns her nose up at (peas!). She is also enjoying a few finger foods. We've been giving her puffs for the last couple of weeks and she loves them! She can pick them up pretty well, but has yet to figure out how to get them from her hand to her mouth...


2. Rylee is a great sleeper! Right now, Rylee goes to bed between 7 and 7:30pm and wakes up around 7am. She takes 2 naps/day- usually from 9-10 or 10:30 and then from 1-3 or 3:30. She's very predictable and puts herself to sleep wonderfully.


3. This one goes along with the sleeping...Rylee is obsessed with her bunny lovey! She got it for Easter and immediately became attached. I know she's not supposed to have anything in the bed with her, but she won't sleep without it. She doesn't like it just next to her either...she wants it right on top of her face!


4. Rylee smiles all the time! She is just the happiest, most content little girl! She had these big brown eyes that just sparkle and shine when she grins.


5. Rylee LOVES her big brother! Jack can get bigger laughs out of her than anybody else. She follows his every move as she watches him play. Anything he says is funny to her! Lately, she's been laughing hysterically when he says, 'cuckoo' (as in cuckoo clock). Don't know where it came from, but she loves it!


6. Rylee puts everything in her mouth! She doesn't have any teeth yet, but she's sure working on it! She's especially fond of eating my list when we're shopping!


7. She's not on the move yet, but this week Rylee has been rocking back and forth a lot when she gets on her hands and knees. I guess crawling isn't that far away....


8. Rylee is a total Momma's girl! She always knows exactly where I am in the room and follows my every move...especially if it's getting close to meal time or bedtime. She loves Daddy too (even said his name first), but there is just nothing like the Momma for Rylee (and I LOVE that!)

A few pictures...

Rylee's new scrunched up nose face...it's hilarious!

Having fun in the bathtub

Pretty girl-all cleaned up!


1 comment:

Fran said...

Hey Rebekah! It's Fran...got your comment and love catching up w/ you and yours. Your 2 little ones are precious! Regan told me y'all are neighbors and the next time we're in town and visit them, we'll see if we can't get the whole crew together. It may be a while before we're in Cola due to gas prices and our impending birth. :) Glad to know you have a blog and I'll be checking in!