Saturday, August 30, 2008

The ring...

When I had Rylee, John gave me an awesome 'mother's ring'. I wore it everyday, all the time...I never took it off! That turned out to be a problem one Sunday afternoon in early April. We had just had pinestraw delivered and I decided to help John spread the pinestraw during the kids naptime. Well, later that afternoon I noticed that my ring was missing. I knew I'd had it on earlier in the day and had no idea where it could have been. We looked everywhere!!! I looked in the gloves that I'd been wearing while spreading the pinestraw, looked around the yard, looked in the trash, everywhere. I just knew it was gone forever. Yes, we could order another one and it would look the same, but it would never be the one that I got the day I had Rylee. So, we decided to wait awhile before ordering a new one just in case the old one turned up.

Yesterday John decided to look through our entire front flower beds where we had spread the pinestraw just to make sure there was no ring there. He pulled back all of the pinestraw and sorted through all of it. Well, He found it! It was in the bed right next to our front porch. So, for the last 5 months, my ring has been just a mere 10 feet from our front door! Craziness! John was super excited when he found it...and so was I! I'm so happy to have found my ring and next time I decide to help with yard work...I'll take all my jewelry off first!!! :)


The ring...not the greatest picture, but you get the idea! I had a hard time getting my camera to cooperate with me and actually focus on the ring. Check the above link to see the rings better...they really are pretty and unique!




John with the ring...can you tell he's excited to have found it?!



All the pinestraw pulled back in our yard


The spot where John found it! Right under our noses the whole time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe John can help Michael find his wedding band in Finlay Park. Its been missing for 6 years. My super mature hubby lost it in a mosh pit.