So I've been thinking about this post for a while. I actually started thinking about it while scrubbing my shower last week...fun! I was thinking about how there are certain tasks that I just hate doing...like the bathroom! I can only avoid these things for so long before they must get done. Well, I've decided that I need to start looking at these 'problems' in a different light. We are so blessed as a family and I am so blessed to be at home with my children everyday. Part of my being at home is taking care of the home...and I need to appreciate the blessing it is to be here instead of complaining about the chores. So, I decided I needed to take a new positive approach...and look at how each of the things that I usually complain about are really a blessing in my life. So here goes...
~Instead of complaining about cleaning the bathroom/kitchen/etc., I should be thankful that we have such a house that needs cleaning, that we have hot water every morning for our showers, and that we have happy children living and playing in the house.
~Instead of getting frustrated with the mountains of laundry and ironing that I always have to do, I should be thankful that we have nice clothes to wear and keep us warm.
~When worrying about what I'm going to fix for dinner each night, I should be thankful that our pantry and refridgerator are full and we have plenty of food to eat.
~When my children are sick, I should be thanful that we have good doctors to call that can see them and help them feel better.
~When I'm complaining about a politician that I don't agree with, I can be thankful for living in a country that is free and that gives us all the opportunity to vote and make a difference.
I may have to read this post to myself everyday...as I'm pretty stubborn and don't make changes easily. Hopefully it'll work!
Friday, December 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I think I'm going to put this post on my side of the mirror in the bathroom...
Great post! It really does help to see our work, while seeming mundane, comes from lots of blessings. Merry Christmas!
Great post, Rebekah. In fact, I think I need to take it another step and not worry about losing it all in these rough times. Just be grateful for your blessings.
Very true Rebekah! i have been thinking about this a lot especially with #2 on the way. I am so blessed to be married to my high school sweetheart, have a precious little girl, and a precious tiny tot growing in my belly! :o) We are soooo blessed aren't we?!
Post a Comment