Friday, December 5, 2008

Decorating for Christmas...

I love Christmas! I love the music, the lights, the food, the gift-giving, the parties, and most importantly I love the reason for the season! I get so excited on Thanksgiving weekend to pull out all of the decorations and totally turn our house Christmas! I'm completely happy to say that I think my little boy loves Christmas just as much as I do! The boy loves all things Christmas. I mean, really, we went to Lowe's a few weekends ago on a Friday night just to look at the 'Christmas stuff' as Jack says. It was total entertainment for over an hour! :) It's great! He was very into helping with the decorating this year. He helped decorate the tree...and there were probably at least 20 ornaments placed within a 8 inch section of tree. Needless to say, we did a little rearranging. He also helped Daddy with the outside lights and was very excited to get to stand on the step-stool to help. Jack has also enjoyed the small navity that John's mom gave him 2 Christmas' ago. It's plastic, so he can play with it without us worrying about it and he loves naming all the people and then lining them up in a row. Rylee likes the navity too...except she likes teething on it. Do you think I should stop that? :) Rylee has been really good about messing with the tree so far. She's played with the bows on a few presents, but that's about it-thank goodness! Hopefully that will continue!


A few pictures of the decorating at our house:



Putting up the ornaments...




Jack checking out his navity scene (excuse the decorating mess!)


Working on the lights outside


Rylee getting a look at the tree


The finished tree


The stocking were hung by the chimney with care...


Jack decorating his tree in his room


Making silly grumpy faces with Daddy


Jack's tree-he wants to get a star for the top of it!

I haven't taken pictures of the outside yet...I'll have to do that soon!

No comments: