Saturday, December 6, 2008

Happy Birthday, Miss Priss!


I know I say this every month when I do Rylee's monthly posts, but really, where has the time gone?! I just can't believe my baby girl is 1 year old! It seems like only yesterday that she was this tiny little baby that just ate and slept all the time. The whole year of her changing into a little person seems like a total blur! I know we've stayed busier than we did when Jack was little and are on the go all the time, so I guess I didn't have quite as much time to just hang out and watch this cutie growing up. The day is kinda bitersweet...I'm sad that she isn't a baby anymore, but at the same time I'm just so excited to see the little person that is developing before my eyes. Her personality is so sweet and she is just such a blessing in our lives!

Rylee is certainly growing up. She just looks like a big girl all of a sudden! She's still crawling at record speeds and hasn't shown a great interest in walking yet. She pulls up and cruises on everything, and will even let one hand go quite often, but hasn't really gotten brave enough to stand all by herself. She is really enjoying playing with her toys lately. She can entertain herself in the playroom for a good while now just going from toy to toy. Her favorite lately is our Roll-a-Rounds gumball machine. She just figured out how to put the balls in at the top and then push the little lever to make them come out...she loves it! And she loves banging the balls together too! :) She loves to clap her hands and cheer when she's done something good...maybe we have another cheerleader in the making! :) She is also very good at waving now. She sometimes still waves backwards but she knows what to do when you tell her to wave bye-bye. So cute! She is becoming quite the little cuddler too...she will give hugs and kisses anytime we ask! I love it. She just lays her little head down on my shoulder...just melts my heart.

Rylee still loves to eat. She eats pretty much everything that we eat and I haven't really found anything that she doesn't like. She is still outeating her brother at most meals! The only one he still beats her in is pizza...the boy can eat a ton of pizza! Her favorite restaurant foods so far are Chick-fil-A chicken nuggets, Moe's cheese quesadilla, and McAlister's Grilled Cheese. YUM! Jack and Rylee are really starting to play together a lot lately. The will chase each other around downstairs and have such a fun time making each other laugh. Jack is constantly wanting to love on her and hug her...and we're really working hard at being gentle all the time. Jack is so good about helping her with her toys and showing her what to do. It's very sweet to see them interacting...I pray that they will continue to be best buddies as they grow up.

We're having Rylee's party today with family and a few close friends. Pictures will certainly follow soon!

Happy Birthday to my precious little girl. I always hoped that God would bless me with a little girl and I’m so thankful for you in our lives. To think that only a year ago you were not even here, and now I can't imagine one day without you! The last year has been busy, fun, exciting, exhausting, and challenging...and I wouldn't change a thing! You are a true delight to our family and we love you very much.



A year ago today....



Our first picture as a family of 4!

No comments: