Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Jackisms...

Jackisms...John's parents coined this term referring to all the funny things Jack says. They said they always go home from our house laughing about the various 'Jackisms' they learned that visit! :) So, I decided I'd post some of his current favorite funny lines...he really is quite a character right now and LOVES being the center of attention!

-If you ask Jack where he learned something (good or bad), he says from Say-Say. Not sure why she gets the credit...or blame in some cases, but he's decided that she teaches him everything!

-He's really good at tattling on himself. If he gets in trouble at school, I don't have to worry about the teachers telling me because he'll give me a full report on the way home. Today, he told me he had to go to time out and I asked him why. He says "Because I don't listen very well." At least he's honest! :)

-One day, John was telling Jack not to do something and he said, 'No means no, Jack.' To this, Jack responded, 'No means no AND No means Yes!' We have no idea how he came up with that, but it was pretty hilarious and kinda ended the disciplining for that moment.

-When Rylee was first born...she was probably just a couple weeks old, we were getting Jack ready for bedtime. I had been holding Rylee but I put her in her crib before we went to his room. We got to his room to say prayers and all the sudden Jack bursts out (very concerned sounding) with, 'Oh no, you left Rylee in playroom!' It was truly a tragedy in his mind!

-Jack really likes having his back rubbed. If you just start rubbing his back, he'll all the sudden say, 'Oooooh, that feels good!' Too cute.

-Jack really likes to help with Rylee. He's especially good at alerting me when she's crying. She'll be fussing and Jack proceeds to yell, 'Momma! Rylee's crying AGAIN!' And he'll continue to tell me until she's stopped. He's also good at comforting her in the car. If she's fussing in the car and I can't get to her, I'll hear him say, 'It's ok, Rylee.' or 'I know, Rylee, I know'. It's too cute to hear him say things that I know he's heard us say.

-Jack has really gotten into paying attention while we're driving. He's constantly asking, 'Why we stop' if the car stops. I'll tell him to look at the light and then he says, 'Red means stop.' Then, if I'm not paying attention, he'll tell me, 'Momma, the light is green, that means go!' He's also gotten opinionated about the direction we go too...telling me to go one way instead of another.

-Any condiment is just 'dip' to Jack. Whether it be red dip (ketchup), yellow dip (mustard or honey mustard) or green dip (tomatillo salsa at Moe's) it's all just dip! And for Jack, there's nothing better than just putting a finger (or even a spoon) and just eating the dip plain. Drives me crazy!

-Jack has a great knock, knock joke that he likes to tell...you'll have to ask him to tell you it when you see him. He's so funny when he tells it, though, cause he doesn't say 'knock, knock' he says 'ding-dong'. Then, he can barely get through the punchline without just bursting into this silly little fake laugh...it's hilarious.

-Jack has names for all the stores we frequent around town. Publix is known as 'The Green Store', Lowe's is 'The Blue Store' and Target is 'The O store'. We were at Target the other day and Jack looks at the sign, he says 'T-A-R-G-E-T, that spells....O Store.' Too funny.

Now, just some random pictures of my silly boy!

Making his silly face...always the same one- hands on his head and tongue sticking out!


Enjoying some nice weather outside



Playing with one of his trucks. He got this truck for Christmas from MuMu and Papa, but has just really started playing with it recently. He loves to put stuff in the loader and carry it all around.


Smiling pretty for the camera

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww, I could just eat him up! It has made my day, actually my week I am part of a Jackism! I thought of another one - how he likes to call mama and daddy grumpy when he gets in trouble! Haha! I just laugh thinking about all the funny things he was doing on Sunday! Can't wait till Easter!!!